Sunday 4 March 2012

Winter quarter savings

I have now had a chance to sit down and calculate how much energy we saved from our winter quarter electricity bill. The bills for this quarter over the last three years have been very similar averaging around 1240 units so any saving was going to be quite easy to see. The bill shows that our usage this year was just 780 units which is around 63% of the previous years - very impressive. This amounts to a saving of around £55 on our bill, I have already arranged for our monthly electricity payment to be reduced significantly on the basis of this.

We have made a very big effort to make use of the solar generated electricity, my wife has been doing everything possible to use power hungry devices during the daytime. We used to run the dishwasher in the evening or overnight but this and the laundry, vacuum cleaner are now used during the daytime. In the winter it has also been possible to use the electricity to cook meals during the daytime. Stews and casseroles need cooking slowly over a few hours so they are excellent to cook during the day and then warm up for dinner.

The longer days will give us even more opportunity to make use of our own electricity. I am looking forward with interest on how the system will perform during the summer months. We had the system installed at the autumn equinox so we have only seen how it works on the shorter winter days, the next 6 months will show us just what the system is capable of.

4 comments:

  1. LEDs are categorized in different types like miniature, mid range and high power according to their different sizes present in the market. These LEDs are considered to be the best source of light emission as these have a low wear and tear as compared to the other light emitting sources present in the market. LEDs when developed by Holonyak were developed to provide a simple and inexpensive way for computers to convey the information and then it was used in the portable calculators but now these LEDs are used from the coffee making machines to the 290 ft tall Reuters billboard in Times Square. Today these LEDs provide us an unmatched high quality and experience of TV watching by the LED televisions that are available in the market.
    hydro electric
    hydro electric power
    what is hydro electric
    inventhistory
    power generator
    wind power generator
    solar and power
    electric transportation

    ReplyDelete
  2. Solar power has enormous environmental and cost benefits for Nigerian homes and businesses. Find out more about the huge benefits of going solar and how it can improve your life and money. Every Nigerian home stands to win big with solar power. Solitary offers a complete range of Solar PV Power Systems to suit every household. Take a look at our range of packages to suit your home.

    Thanks,

    solar energy in Nigeria.
    .

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for sharing the information with us. The Solar Power is considered as the new energy for us and it is green power for the environment. Solar power use to provide electricity, hot water, and even cooling for homes, businesses, industry. We should encourage more people using it in the life for producing clean energy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loan Opportunity Offered By Mr, Benjamin That Save My Family From Financial Bondage {lfdsloans@lemeridianfds.com / lfdsloans@outlook.com}

    Hello Everyone, I am Putri Adiratnaa single mom from Jakarta, I would like to share this great testimony on how I got a loan from Mr, Benjamin, when we were driven out of our home when I couldn't pay my bills anymore, After being scammed by various companies online and denied a loan from my bank and some other credit union I visited. My children were taken by the foster care, I was all alone in the street. The day i shamefully walked into an old school mate who introduced me to Daisy Maureen. At first I told her that I am not ready to take any risk of requesting a loan online anymore, but she assured me that I will receive my loan from them. On a second thought, due to my homelessness I had to take a trial and applied for the loan, luckily for me I received a loan of $80,000.00 from Mr, Benjamin. I'm happy I took the risk and applied for the loan. My kids have been given back to me and now I own a home and a business of my own. All thanks and gratitude goes to Le_Meridian Funding Service and for the help of Mr, Benjamin for giving me a meaning to life when i had lost all hope. If you currently seeking for a loan assistance, you can contact them via: { lfdsloans@outlook.com / lfdsloans@lemeridianfds.com} Or WhatsApp +1-989-394-3740

    ReplyDelete